Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Fruit of Razor Blades

A few days ago I preached the "Do You Want to Go To The Mountain" message to a live audience of about 2,000 and media audience in the millions. That did not matter to me becasue of Mary. Not Jesus mother but a single mom of two boys that was in the service that night. She was one of the last ones to come up and speak with me after the service. She said she had been touched by God through the message and that she was ready to be "free" and go to the mountain! She wanted to experience HIS GLORY as the message shares. Before she walked away I received from her some of the "fruit" produced by God's Word in her that night. We often never see most of the fruit from the power of the preaching of HIs word. I am not concerned about ever seeing it becasuse it's God's business not mine. But I actually held the evidence of the "fruit" God produced in her that night. Right before she walked away she handed me a container of razor blades. They were huge and she had been a cutter. She was ready to use one of them one final time to end what she deemed as a life of misery. But, upon handing them to me she said, "I know God wants me to give these to you!" There I stood holding in my hand large razor blades handed to me by a woman who had just been touched by His glory. I never thought of holding the fruit of God before but the other night I did...and Mary nor I will never be the same again. We don't have to hold the fruit God produces but, should HE ever allow it, take hold of it as a revelation of HIS GLORY, that changes your life!